Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Up and Running on the Web . . . I hope

Well we just went live, kind of. We hope to do a soft opening by the end of the week or by the latest, Monday.  We have the consumer side up and going at www.codybrownart.com. It looks great, now comes the back end stuff.  The inventory is my next battle to figure out the correct process.  Our biggest obstacle now is making sure the shopping cart is good to go and working w/ Paypal.  Then on to phase two, the designer side.  I hope this will only take a couple of weeks.  Now I am getting the Social Network pages going, facebook, twitter, myspace and so on.  That will be a big help to drive traffic. 

One note on doing the website we did get hung up on more cosmetic things and not as much on functionality.  You need both but for instance if you think you don't like the color of something, you can always come back and fix it but make sure you make a list of things you want to come back and fix. The biggest thing on what works is having someone to run things by and to be open to constructive criticism. Jeff, Cody and I may not agreed to everything but we understood what the other was wanting.  For me it's hard to have someone tell you what they want when it's been your baby.  Well that's basically what Jeff and I did to Cody but he totally understood we are mentoring him as we go.  For myself this project has rejuvenated me from just wanting to get up and get to work, it makes me feel good that we are hoping and sharing our knowledge to others who may not know or have not experienced what Jeff and I have learned.  Lets keep our fingers crossed and I hope this is one of many.   

1 comment: